Water Damage Restoration in Baltimore, MD
When you are dealing with water damage, immediate action is crucial. Whether the damage occurred from flood damage, a leaking pipe, or an overflowing toilet, the Baltimore plumbers at Pohlman Plumbing can assist you in repairing and restoring your home after water damage occurs. With our proven process for water damage restoration, your home will be back to normal in no time at all.
We are available 24/7 for all of your plumbing problems! For water damage restoration in Baltimore and the surrounding areas, contact Pohlman Plumbing for fast, reliable service from a quality local company.
Our Water Damage Restoration Process in Baltimore
Every water damage situation is a little different and requires a unique solution, but the general process stays the same. At Pohlman Plumbing, we follow these steps to clean up your water damage emergency:
- Emergency dispatch. No matter the time, day or night, we have someone on-call to attend to your plumbing emergency. When you need water damage restoration services, we are always available to remedy the problem before it gets worse. As soon as you call, we will send one of our professional technicians to your home.
- Inspection & damage assessment. Once they arrive, our technician will assess the damage and decide on the best plan of action. During this step, we will stop the water source and check for contaminated water.
- Water removal. This step removes the majority of the water from your home through an extraction process. We use powerful pumps and vacuum units to remove the excess water from your property quickly. If carpet removal is needed, we will alert you at this time.
- Drying & dehumidification. Afterwater removal, your floors and walls may look dry at first glance, but they are still wet to the touch. During this step, we will take action to remove the moisture from your space with special drying equipment.
- Cleaning. After the stress of water damage and our drying processes, your home will need to be professionally cleaned. We schedule odor removal and deodorization treatments, among others, to get your home back to normal.
- Restoration. This is the process of restoring your home to its pre-water damage condition. This may involve minor repairs, new carpet installation, drywall replacement, or more.
Common Reasons for Water Damage in Baltimore
Water damage can be caused by many sources, from leaking pipes to a natural disaster. Regardless, the plumbing and water damage restoration experts at Pohlman Plumbing can handle any scenario. Some of the most common reasons for water damage, and the need for water restoration services, are:
- Storm damage
- Overflowing toilets, bathtubs, or sinks
- Sewage backups
- And more!
Are you searching for emergency water damage services “near me”? We offer 24/7 water restoration in Baltimore, Annapolis, and the surrounding area. Contact us now to schedule!
Contact Pohlman Plumbing for Water Restoration in Baltimore
Every water damage event is a bit different, and some damage is worse than others. Thankfully, the team at Pohlman Plumbing has the skills and experience necessary to restore your home to its original condition in no time! If you need water restoration services in Anne Arundel County, Baltimore County, or the surrounding areas, contact us today!
Frequently Asked Questions
I got up all the water with towels — is that enough?
Only if you were very lucky with the materials the water got on and how quickly you dried it up. Water can seep into the tiniest cracks and seep through porous materials, pooling out of sight and generally finding ways to make itself a nuisance long after you think it’s been removed. Our tools can help completely dry out the water without leaving you guessing.
Is the water damage dangerous to our health?
There’s no guarantee one way or another with water damage. If it’s water from a tap or incoming water line, it’s much less likely to be dangerous due to chlorination and the lack of direct contaminants, but even clean tap water damage can encourage the growth of mold and all the health problems which come with it. If the water is from any other source, it’s much more likely to be dangerous — be sure to clean everything the water touched thoroughly.
What kind of damage can water do?
Water is important to life, and life is what will happen if you don’t resolve water problems immediately: mold, mildew, insects and small animals, bacteria to rot your floors, walls, carpets, and furniture, plus anything that was already living in the water or rode in with it, and whatever damage that inflicts on your family or pets. Of course, water can also directly warp or physically damage certain materials by encouraging swelling and other distortions that the material can’t easily bounce back from, and water that comes in from outside might bring with it a permanent smell you just can’t seem to be rid of. So: What kind of damage can water do? Lots.
Our home is at the top of a hill, so we don’t have to worry about water damage, right?
A home on the top of a hill is protected in most cases against the worst sorts of water damage, i.e., flooding coming in full of debris and contaminants. But your house probably still has indoor plumbing, so you’re still at risk. If a pipe bursts and starts dumping water into the gaps in your walls, you’ll have water damage to resolve and the risk of water pooling out of sight, even if you’re at the very tiptop of the tallest hill in town.