Furnace Repair in Baltimore, Howard & Prince George’s Counties
A working furnace isn’t just a luxury during a chilly Baltimore winter—it’s a necessity. Arriving home from work or waking up to a cold house is not only uncomfortable, but it can also pose a serious risk to the health and safety of your home, family, and pets. Whether you’re experiencing intermittent or non-existent heating, or you have other concerns as to the performance or integrity of your furnace, call Pohlman Plumbing for expert diagnosis and furnace repair in the Baltimore metro area.
For professional furnace repair in Baltimore County, call Pohlman Plumbing at 443-961-2886, or contact us online to schedule an appointment for furnace repair.
Furnace Repair in the Baltimore Metro Area
Even the most dependable furnace will eventually have a need for repairs. When that happens, you need to know that your local HVAC company can provide you with a fast, effective resolution. Pohlman Plumbing’s technicians utilize industry-leading diagnostic services to locate the root of your furnace problems right away. Once we’ve determined the problem, we have the skill and knowledge needed to administer the repairs you need!
Call Pohlman Plumbing at 443-961-2886, or contact us online to schedule an appointment for furnace repair in the Baltimore metro area!
When Should I Schedule Furnace Repair?
Keep Your Baltimore County Home Warm—Schedule Furnace Repair Today
While many homeowners may notice issues with their furnaces well ahead of a breakdown, the problems are not always obvious. The best way to prevent major repairs and disruptions in service is with annual routine maintenance, which helps detect potential concerns while in the early stages, and can help you to avoid costly repairs.
However, issues may still occur from time to time, and knowing what signs to look for allows you to schedule furnace maintenance or repair before you’re left out in the cold. It might be time to schedule furnace repair if you notice:
- Unusual or loud noises: No furnace is completely silent, but if you notice banging, clanging, squealing, rattling, grinding, or other new and unusual sounds coming from your furnace, call for immediate repair.
- A decrease in comfort: A lack of warm air or inconsistencies between your thermostat setting and furnace performance can indicate that something is wrong with your furnace.
- Hot or cold spots: Are some rooms in your home warmer than others? Your furnace may be incorrectly sized or malfunctioning. You may also have leaky or disconnected ductwork. The expert technicians at Pohlman Plumbing will efficiently diagnose the issue and make any necessary repairs.
- Increased energy costs: If the cost of heating your home has been steadily increasing, you’re experiencing a decrease in efficiency and need to call for furnace repair.
- Unusual or unpleasant odors: Musty, acrid, or burning smells coming from supply vents warrant a prompt call for service. If you smell gas, evacuate your home and call your gas service immediately.
- Frequent on and off cycling: Short-cycling can be caused by overheating, thermostat issues, or an improperly sized furnace, and can lead to damage, a shortened life span of your equipment, and/or increased energy costs.
- Decreased airflow: If you notice a lack of movement coming from supply registers, you may have a clogged air filter or leaky ductwork, or you may need furnace repair.
If your furnace is experiencing any of the issues above, it’s time to call Pohlman Plumbing and let us take a look.
Contact us to schedule your furnace repair in Anne Arundel, Prince George’s, Howard, or Baltimore counties.
Schedule Furnace Repair in the Baltimore Area
Since 2008, Pohlman Plumbing has worked hard to earn our solid reputation among homeowners throughout the Baltimore County area as the leading furnace repair company in the area. All our work is backed by our Pohlman Promise: fast furnace repair at a fair price, done right the first time. Whether you are noticing any of the above warning signs or have experienced a loss of heat, we can help with around-the-clock, 24/7 emergency furnace repair services when you need us the most.
Pohlman Plumbing is Baltimore’s leading furnace repair company. To schedule your furnace repair in Baltimore and the greater metro area, call Pohlman Plumbing at 443-961-2886 or contact us online to schedule an appointment.
Furnace Repair FAQs
What can I do to protect my furnace unit and how can I keep it clean?
To keep your furnace clean and protected, trim the plants and bushes around the unit to provide at least a foot of clearance for airflow. The best way to keep your furnace protected is to schedule annual heating maintenance.
How often should I replace my furnace filter?
Our HVAC technicians recommend changing typical 1-2 inch furnace filters every three months to keep your furnace running efficiently.
What size furnace do I need for my Baltimore home?
To determine the best furnace size for your home, take these factors into consideration:
- Floor area
- Ceiling height
- Regional climate
Consult with our HVAC technicians so we can work with you to choose the best furnace for your home.