If you have a disposal that seems to have lost power, here is a helpful link to try and save you time and money. If you cannot seem to fix the problem, call us to have your disposal repaired/replaced.
To detect if you a have costly leaky toilet, follow these simple steps.
- Take the lid off of the tank.
- Drop approx. 4-5 drops of food coloring into the full tank of water.
- Do not use the toilet for at least 30 minutes.
- If colored water has seeped into the bowl, you have a leaky toilet.
- It is now time to call Pohlman Plumbing to save you money by fixing that leaky toilet.
IF you find that you sump pump has stopped pumping all together it may just be the float. Sometimes the float gets stuck in the down position and the pump cannot turn on. First try shaking the discharge line to release the float. If this does not work then try reaching down into the pit and manually lift the float. If this does not work then CALL US right away to avoid costly water damage to your basement.
Always make sure you winterize your outside faucets before the winter. These easy steps can save you hundreds of dollars.
- Locate the shut off valves serving your outside faucets.
- Turn these valves off.
- Open up the outside faucets to drain out the water.
- Leave hose bib open throughout the winter.
- Reverse these steps to turn the faucets on.